Applications are now open for the Alumni Mentoring Scheme for recent graduates. In Week 11, Careers will launch a short mentoring project for recent graduates, as part of the Alumni Mentoring Scheme. Continue reading
Each year, to contribute to international understanding between Europe and Japan, the Canon Foundation in Europe grants up to 15 Research Fellowships to highly qualified European and Japanese researchers. Continue reading
York Management School has organised an employability conference for week 8 (17 – 19 June). Open to any students interested in a career in management, finance or law, this is a great opportunity tofind out about the recruitment processes of a range of companies.
Employers taking part include:
- Ernst & Young
- Teach First
- The University of Law.
Full details of sessions are available via the Interactive Careers Service - simply search by name of company.
If you have graduated in the last three years and are currently unemployed, you could be eligible for a British Council subsidised place to study a Trinity CertTESOL or Cambridge CELTA course at a UK training centre in 2013. More details about eligibility and how to apply can be found on the British Council website, and you need to apply by 30 September.
Want to be your own boss? The British Franchise Exhibition and Growing Your Own Business Showcase offers you the chance to be inspired by successful entrepreneurs, learn from experts, network and find out how best to develop your business. Manchester Central, 21 and 22 June. Free tickets and further information at
Careers Newsletter: Summer 2013, Weeks 9 and 10
In this issue:
- Final Countdown for graduating students – lots of help available
- Win a £2,000 bursary to help pay for your postgraduate course
- Learn to code for free – impress employers with a valuable skill
- The summer vacation is a great time to think about your future
- Top employers on campus – some dates for your diary, Autumn 2013
- Careers Events – sessions for final year students, employers on campus, skills sessions
- £40,000 of prizes in the EnterprisingU competition – could you win?
- Summer opening – reduced hours but we will still be here to help you
- Caught our eye – a great way to find thousands of careers resources, and a useful site for international students
- Further information about Careers
History students … today is the day for the History Careers Conference 2013. There is a great range of events on offer between 1.15pm and 7.30pm – including help with applications, understanding the value of your history degree, marketing yourself session, networking opportunity and lots more.
Don’t miss it! Check details on the Interactive Careers Service