The aim of this FREE Bright Futures conference on 18 April (Birmingham), is to take a fresh look at employability – and importantly include the student’s perspective. As an organisation, Bright Futures empowers students to take responsibility for their own future and career; this event offers students, from schools and universities, the opportunity to be heard.
Bright Futures will bring together students, employers, careers professionals, recruiters and graduate marketers to look deeper into the world of employability:
1. What skills will today’s talent need to develop for the workplace of the future?
2. What key employability characteristics do young people across a range of key education stages already have? Are any of these yet unrecognised but will be key to the future?
3. What are the career concerns & future aspirations of these students? And,
4. What do employers need to do to ensure they get the right talent, be that apprentice, school leaver or graduate level?
• Question some of the current thinking around employability & what needs to be done
• Inspire through research into the future of work
• Address tough issues such as student engagement
• Help you shape some of your decisions, policies, processes and actions
• Gather data and research collected on the day in a handy and easily digestible report so you can share your experiences with others too!
If you are interested you need to register by midnight on Tuesday 9 April. For more information and registration visit: http://brightfutures.co.uk/home/events/national-conferences/employability-conference.html or ring 01242 236415 or tweet @brightfuturesNT