Applications are now open for the Alumni Mentoring Scheme for recent graduates. In Week 11, Careers will launch a short mentoring project for recent graduates, as part of the Alumni Mentoring Scheme.
The project has two aims:
1. To support recent graduates in the transition from university to the world of work …
2. To act as a soft pilot for our new e-mentoring platform, powered by the Brightside Trust
We’re currently looking for 10-20 volunteers to participate in the project, which will last around 5 weeks. This is an excellent opportunity to develop your career planning, and to:
• gain one-on-one support from York alumni with previous mentoring experience
• receive guidance in exploring career options
• extend your professional network and acquire valuable information on the application and job-hunting process
• develop confidence in communicating with professionals
• hone crucial skills such as interview practice
You can read more about the scheme’s past success at the links below. We already have alumni on board, so if you’d like to be involved, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday Week 10 (26 June).