More than just doing the sums!
A great opportunity for female undergraduates to get an insight into the investment management sector. This event is open to anyone who is business minded and interested in either a career in investment or business roles within the sector.
What does the event include?
Designed to offer an insider’s view of the investment management sector and provide you with further information on the partnering firms and the career options available with them Women in Investment Management is a one off opportunity to kick start your career! Sessions have been specifically designed to allow you to speak to a variety of representatives at different stages of their career who can share first-hand advice and experience of what working in the sector actually entails.
Some of the sessions which you will be participating in will include:
- An introduction to investment management and explanation of what it’s all about
- Details of opportunities in the sector, from finance and investment to marketing, HR and IT
- An interactive investment simulation exercise with a chance to win prizes
- A workshop with graduate recruiters focusing on the key skills needed to make successful applications at their firms
- A panel discussion offering a one off opportunity to pose your questions to an expert panel of senior female representatives from each partnering firm
- Networking opportunities with representatives from all partnering firms
Who can apply?
- You must be female
- You must be studying an undergraduate degree at university in the UK or Ireland
- You must be able to demonstrate high academic performance (and be on course for a 2:1 if in your penultimate or final year)
- Additional skills gained from extra-curricular activities at university or outside will be viewed favorably
Sponsors include: BlackRock, M&G investors, Baillie Gifford, Fidelity, Schroders and Henderson Global Investors.
Visit the websitge www.womenininvestmentmanagement.co.uk to find out more and apply.