As Autumn Term ends and the Christmas festivities beckon, we in Careers just wanted to wish you the season’s greetings, plus give you a few suggestions of things to do during the vacation!
If, amongst the turkey left-overs, cringe-worthy cracker jokes, and the Christmas Day ratings war of Eastenders v Downtown Abbey, you want to keep the careers bit of your brain active, why not try some of these…?
- Complete your York Award application, if you’re a final year undergrad. The deadline is 5pm on Friday 24 January 2014, so don’t leave it till the last minute – use that spare time between the Queen’s speech and yet another repeat of Home Alone 2 to at least start listing all the things you’ve been doing while at York.
- Ward off those tricky questions from mums, dads, great-aunts and granddads about what you’re going to do after university, by using the Employability Tutorial to plan ahead.
- New diary for Christmas? Check out the events programme for next term and book those dates in now!
- You’ve got your academic timetable ready for the Spring Term, so check out the Careers Timeline for ideas to fill your spare time. From volunteering opportunities to getting involved with a student soc, there are lots of activities available.
- Get ready for New Year job hunting – draft up your CV, so you’re ready to go.
Finally, enjoy your Christmas break – go to a party, spend time with the family, eat more After Eight mints than are good for you…and relax!
Merry Christmas and happy new year!