Next time you’re in Careers, have a peek at the reference books section, as we’ve just got a lot of new titles (with more to follow). From books about working in a particular sector (such as teaching, accountancy, science, and law) to developing your skills for the workplace, there’s plenty to read. Our reference books give you added insight into a particular topic, with information, tips and advice.
Here’s what’s new on the bookshelves in Careers:
- Teaching English Abroad
- Working in teaching.
Finance & consultancy
- Developing employability for business
- Working in accountancy
- Working in the city
- Working in law
- Employability skills for law students.
- Becoming a sports psychologist
- A short introduction to clinical psychologist
- So, you want to be a forensic psychologist?
Media…& performing arts
- The caterpillar factory: kick start your career in the PR business
- Contacts: the essential book of contacts for the entertainment business
- Musicians’ handbook
- Careers in music
- British & international music yearbook 2014.
Science, engineering & technology
- Working in science
- Career planning for research bioscientists.
- Studying abroad 2015
- Work your way around the world.
Job hunting, etc
- Creativity at work
- Confidence at work
- Advanced numeracy tests
- A graduate guide to job hunting in 7 easy steps
- Great answers to tough CV problems
- You.com: manage your online self, image and business success
- Be a free range human: escape the 9 to 5, create a life you love and still pay the bills.
You can have a look at any of these (plus the other books we already stock) by calling in to Careers.