Aspiring Solicitors are delighted to create a first‐of‐its‐kind, professional services event focusing on how disabled professionals across a wide range of professional services manage with their disability while working in the City. The event will consist of a variety of speakers with a range of disabilities, touching on industry sectors you may have not thought possible to work in due to your disability. It will discuss how to overcome issues, deal with reasonable adjustments and provide advice on employment. The event aims to inspire disabled students and graduates, to show them how to use their opportunities in a way that ensures their disability does not hold them back.
The event will take place at PwC, Embankment Place, Villiers Street, London, WC2N 6RH on Monday 10th November from 12.00pm-4.00pm with a networking session until 6.00pm.
- Chris White – Aspiring Solicitors;
- Jane Burton from Lawyers with Disabilities;
- Amanda Rowland – PwC Asset management Partner. Visually impaired;
- Andrew Boucher – PwC Tax Partner that has specific interest and knowledge of Aspergers;
- James Hallam – PwC Senior Manager working in Risk Assurance practice. Wheelchair user
- Emily Birkinshaw – Charity Scope (they will also be bringing someone from Credit Suisse);
- Business Disability Forum
- MBE James Bennet – Ernst Young Director;
- Yasmin Sheikh – Clyde & Co. Wheelchair user;
- Andrew Dakoutros – Government Legal Service. Dyslexic;
- Warren Stapley – Kirkland & Ellis LLP. Partially deaf.
- Barrister and Judge Fayyaz Afzal. Visually impaired;
- Peter Wright from Transport for London;
- Partner Kevan Skelton from Reed Smith;
- Disability adviser to Channel 4
More details and how to register can be found here