If you just want the basics about graduate jobs, postgraduate study or going for interview (among a whole host of other topics) our web pages are the perfect starting point. If it’s more detail you’re after, then the information sheets are the resource you should use.
Researched and written by the Careers Advisers and the Information Team, the info sheets cover different aspects of:
- Career planning (including networking and researching careers)
- Information for specific student groups (including mature students, alumni and international students)
- Considering… series with background information about different job sectors
- Job hunting (including applications and interviews)
- Further study
- Work experience (including general and different areas of work)
- York Award with explanations of the assessment process of students graduating in 2016 or 2017.
The Considering… series tab is a mix of info sheets and links to the Job sector web pages (the subject of an earlier Careers blog). As we have developed even more information on certain career areas, popular with York students, there was too much to put into individual info sheets, so the job sectors were born!
So, for advice, tips, ideas and links to valuable websites to help you research careers topics, look out for the info sheets – the indispensable guides from Careers.
Past posts in the Hidden web gems series: