- Teesside University Graduate Recruitment Fair – 6 November, Middlesbrough
Meet with employers from a wide range of discipline areas and find out what careers opportunities are on offer to you! Find out which employers will be there via the Teesside University website
All students and graduates are welcome to attend.
- PhD Funding fair – Tuesday 1st December, London
Peer to peer advice
Specialist subject sessions
Meet 25 top UK universities with funding to offer
Find out more and apply to attend on the fair website
- Postgraduate Entry Medicine Seminar – Wednesday 2 December, London
This free event is for all students who are interested in postgraduate entry medicine and who are also considering studying abroad at the American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine. Register to attend the event on the Medic Portal website
- Sri Lanka Volunteering (SLV) opportunity talk – 28 October 2-3 pm in P/L/002. If you are unable to attend this talk please find some more info by downloading the info pack: http://www.slvolunteers.com/information_pack.pdf
- Submit a video and be in with a chance of winning work experience at a Law firm
Submit a 3 minute video on the topic “Is national security more important than individual privacy”
The best videos will be posted on Lawyer2B.com and the winner will get a week’s work experience at law firm Ropes & Gray. Find out more on Lawyer2B.com
- Design a new product entirely from foam and win £2000
All you need to do is design a new and exciting product entirely from foam, in addition to using other materials too such as fabric, plastic, and wood. Alternatively, you can design a foam component for use in another product. The winner will receive the grand prize of £2,000 to invest in their product’s development and marketing. The winner will also work with Technical Foam Services to bring their design to life.
Full details on the Technical Foam Services website.
- Sarah Gavron, director the award-winning film, Sufragette, is an alumna of the English department. Read an interview with her (conducted by student, Alfie Packham) in Yu magazine.