Latest news from Careers
Paid local internships while you study – apply now!
Our Student Internship Bureau (SIB) has term time internships exclusively available to York students.
- Website Testing Internship, Free UK Genealogy: closing date: Thursday, 14th January 2016
- Climate Change Peatlands Internship, Environment Department – Thursday, 14th January
- Industry Interaction Project, Research Innovation Office – Sunday, 17th January
- Intellectual Property Marketing Internship, Research Innovation Office – Sunday, 17th January
- Social Policy and Communications Internship, Two Ridings Community Foundation – Monday, 18th January
- Archivist Internship, Shepherd Group – Wednesday, 20th January
To see all SIB opportunities currently advertising log in to the Careers Gateway, www.york.ac.uk/careers/gateway and click ‘Exclusive Opportunities @York’ tab on your dashboard!
Exciting enterprise opportunities for Spring term
We’ve got lots of opportunities for you this term, here is an overview of what’s coming up;
Week 4 – 29th, 30th & 31st Jan – University of York Game Jam
Week 6 – 11th Feb – Plan ENVY Workshop – Idea Generation
Week 7 – 18th Feb – Plan ENVY Workshop – Marketing
Week 8 – 25th Feb – Plan ENVY event with Virgin Start Up – Ideas to Reality
Week 9 – 3rd Mar – Plan ENVY Workshop – Finance
On top of this, applications will be opening for our Freelance Challenge and Plan ENVY competitions, and we’ll have another 2 rounds of applications for our Proof of Concept fund.
If you’d like to find out more about how we can help you start your business, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 01904 32 3358. We’d love to hear from you!
Paid summer work this summer
Looking for paid work experience this summer? Don’t miss this exciting opportunity – on Friday our Student Management Group drop-in will be joined by Becca from the National Citizen Service (NCS) to provide helpful information and advice about how to get involved in paid summer work experience with young people – Friday 15th January, 11:45 – 13:15, SMG Area in Careers. Everyone welcome!
Dates for your diary – don’t miss these!
2 February – Internships & work experience fair. A chance to meet employers and organisations, get ideas for summer internships, and have your CV reviewed. More details to follow at our What’s on page.
23 February – Working in… Advertising, marketing & PR / Health / Criminal justice. Find out what’s it like to work in these sectors by meeting York alumni and professionals. More info soon on the What’s on page.