When and Where?
Join us at the Ron Cooke Hub, Hes East, from 1pm until 4pm on Wednesday 25thJanuary!
Who should come?
Everyone! The fair has opportunities for everyone – no matter your year of study!
What can you expect?
Working together with the Centre for Global Programmes, Careers and Placements will showcase a variety of different summer opportunities. From local to international volunteering schemes, paid and unpaid work experience, to summer camps and study abroad opportunities (amongst much more!), there’s bound to be something that takes your fancy!
Why should you come?
Making the most of your summer doesn’t have to be boring, take it from me! I spent the summer between my second and third year volunteering with the International Citizen Service in Tanzania. Volunteering in itself was a humbling and interesting experience but alongside the trials and tribulations of living abroad – amidst some of the biggest cockroaches I’ve ever seen – it became both a challenging and rewarding opportunity.
The options at the fair are vast so even coming along just to open your eyes to what’s out there will be useful. If volunteering abroad isn’t for you then why not consider some work experience opportunities or studying abroad? Whilst building your knowledge, skills and experience is beneficial for maximising your employability, these opportunities provide much more than just something to put on your CV – you could have the best summer of your life!
Who’ll be there?
- Abroad Internships
- Camp America
- Camp Leaders
- Centre for Global Programmes
- CRCC Asia
- East African Playground
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Inter-Cultural Youth Exchange – ICYE-UK
- International Service
- Kaya Responsible Travel
- NCS with The Challenge
- NFU Mutual
- SKIP – Supporting Kids in Peru
- Smaller Earth
- Target Jobs
- Teach First
- Think Pacific
- USA Summer Camp
- Year Out India
See, I told you there will be something for everyone!
How can you make the most of it?
1) Make sure you come along! Even if you aren’t looking to do anything this summer, something might catch your eye!
2) Be open-minded. Some opportunities will ask you to step out of your comfort zone but sometimes these are the opportunities that help us flourish the most!
3) Explore! Having a good look around will give you plenty of ideas but don’t be afraid to have a chat with the representatives and ask them plenty of questions.
The Summer Opportunities fair is a fantastic opportunity in itself, you’ve got nothing to lose and everything to gain by coming to join us on Wednesday! Good luck, I hope you find the opportunity of a lifetime!